Friday, March 5, 2010

Stages

I was reminded of something the other day as we were working on the kids house. It is coming along. It should be ready for them to move into sometime next week if all goes as planned. We are going through stages right now.

When I was a little girl Mother used to tell a story of how when my dad would express exhasperation with some of the things we kids were doing, my grandmother Horack (his Mother) would say, "Oh, it's just a stage they are going through." to which he would respond, "Yes, from one stage to another stage, to another stage........."

Nic's house project is being done "in stages". Main level first, get moved in, then work on the upstairs.

Roger and I have our own stages. The stage of going from empty nesters to not empty nesters back to being empty nesters to becoming grandparents and all the stages that will entail.

Missy has her own stage and all the perks of that lovely stage known as the third trimester. Fluid retention, stretch marks, weariness, and just feeling heavy.

Life IS a series of stages, Grandma Horack was right. My Dad learned, and I'm learning too, that it IS "one stage after another stage after another stage....."

1 comment:

  1. I agree--life is a series of stages. I am reminded again & again that each stage has meaning known only to God, and also meaning for each person in each circumstance. Every time I think I have this lesson learned, I realize I was in kindergarten; that the stages are more intricate as time goes by. More rewarding, and also more challenging. The response to each stage is love; at least that's the lesson I've learned so far. I love you all...:) Shiuvaun

    ReplyDelete