Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving......over?


We hold dessert in high regard, especially pie. :)
It is the Saturday morning after Thanksgiving. 

The house is quiet. 

Candles are blown out. The tables that were decorated and laden with food are all cleared off, folded down and pushed back up against the wall. The leftovers are tucked away in the fridge. The piles of dirty dishes are washed and put away.

It’s over. Or is it? 

Thanksgiving should never be over. 

I realized that as I read people’s thankfulness posts, we seem to be thankful for things in the present or in the past, but are we thankful for the unknown future? 

Are we thankful as we walk forward from this day into an unknown where small children battle cancer, the economy is shaky, thousands have just lost their jobs, the world is in turmoil? 

As I face tomorrow, I realize I can be thankful of one very specific thing.
God is there, waiting on me. Everyday when I get out of bed, He is and will be there. HE is the reason I can be thankful. He is the reason I have a future. 

11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. –Jeremiah 29:11 

I may not be “prosperous” or even “safe”, but God’s hopes and the future for me are something I am, and can always be Thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Great perspective. And I wish I had a piece of that pie!!!!

    ReplyDelete