Thursday, December 2, 2010

A tribute............

Stepping into the Light




After 18 years of battling the demon cancer Patty has left the battlefield to be with Jesus.

A warrior.

Through breast, and bone, to mind, her battle raged, yet her faith never failed. She breathed it, she lived it, she walked it, and she talked it.

In the midst of this particular battle, the enemy sought to divert her attention.

A helpmate suffering a stroke and living with scars and wounds of that battle, the enemy again trying to divert the attention of them both.

Marriages, divorces, births, deaths. Life went on, and she battled on through each one, growing weaker in flesh, but stronger in spirit. Her faith becoming as a bright light on the horizon growing ever brighter, ever stronger. She battled on.

The scripture that came to mind was the one where Paul tells the Philippians

22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. 23 I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.
25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.


For the sake of family, loved ones, and friends she stayed and battled on.

She has not lost her battle, she has triumphed. She has won. She has stepped into the marvelous light; she is in the presence of her Savior, her God. She has come to a place of rest. Well deserved.

Rest dear friend, rest in the arms of Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for putting it so beautifully...I love the song you put it to...so true...it is a happy day for Patty. no more pain....just rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete