Monday, September 8, 2008

Sarah who??

Palin, Palin, Palin! If you are on the internet at all, you can’t get away from the name, the woman, or something about her. Today when I was driving in to town I had the radio on, and there she was again. Don’t get me wrong, I have an opinion about Sarah Palin, but that isn’t the reason for this blog.
You know we have a woman governor in the state of Kansas, and I don’t know anything about her personal life. I couldn’t tell you how many kids she has, and I don’t know what her husband does or doesn’t do. I know her politics though, that I do know.
I like Sarah Palin, I like the fact that she is a “nobody”, an unknown. This obsession reminds me of the obsession our nation seems to have with Hollywood. That is why Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli were able to sell their twins pictures for $14 million dollars or more. I don’t understand what this has to do with her politics? That may sound like a naive question, but think about it really. What did anybody know about the personal life of Abraham Lincoln at the time, or Franklin Roosevelt- let’s face it; if people had known he was in a wheelchair would he have been elected President? WHAT ARE HER POLITICAL CONVICTIONS? She seems to be quite open about them, and as long as they keep giving her the air time, we may find out; but I'll still do my homework. And if you sit back and think the press, or media are going to present a “clear and balanced” picture, think again. Oh, and by the way, someone besides me is fed up too, and FINALLY someone has put the hammer down on some of the media pundits over at MSNBC who haven’t learned the difference between “news” and “opinions”, or simply when to SHUT THEIR MOUTHS. WOHOOO!! Check out the story on Yahoo.com News.
Whoops there I go again!

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely much to be said about Ms. Palin. I think it sets back women's lib to the 50s for people to vote the ticket just because she is a woman and we need to support that. (I felt the same way with Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama). The media and the campaigns will try to get us Americans to look at anything except where the candidates stand. LET'S KEEP LOOKING!!!
    Take care and keep writing!!
    --- from one Cerretti to another (NYC:-)

    ReplyDelete