Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lily Jewel


I was aware when Mother died that I was feeling more than just the loss of my Mother, although that was huge. I was also brought to a place where I was reminded that over the past 3 and a half years while I was caring for my mother my children grew up and out of the house, and in Nic's case out of town. We lost our beloved dog of 13 years, Lady during that time, and the cat even died. When Mother died and life returned to some semblance of normal, I found myself looking around and asking "Where did everybody go?"
I believe they call it "empty nest syndrome", but what ever it is it is a huge black hole. I have always loved caring for my family, and can't remember a time in my life when I didn't have some sort of a pet running around in the midst of all the other hub-bub, and chaos of children and life.
I know things change, and time brings new phases, and experiences, but I am a firm believer that a small fuzzy warm thing that adores you and gives unconditional love, is almost a necessity to get through some days. Thus I introduce, Lily Jewel, Lil for short.
She is, as Roger is already referring to her as my "little buddy". She is 8 weeks old, and spends every min of every day with me. Except at night when she is "banished" to the garage to sleep. (my one concession to Rog, she will sleep in the garage at night like Lady did).
Since she is going to be such an integral part of our lives, I just had to let you know she is here!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful puppy. Is she a collie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,registered and everything, although that is beside the point. We don't plan to breed her. She is simply my companion, and buddy. She is 8 weeks old in the picture. I am really enjoying her.

    ReplyDelete