Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tag:Embelishing the Challenge-from Shiuvaun



Look out Nickerson girls, you may have unleashed a monster in Shiuvaun and I on this book tag game, here goes another one.

O.K. new tag, this one is from Shiuvaun—my book guru, voracious reader, and just general well read individual, and writer; she too is writing a book- top that for a introduction girl :) Check out her blog http://www.shiuvaunblog.blogspot.com

The new tag is as follows: Pick the book on your nightstand, go to Pg 123, locate & write the 5th sentence, post the next 3 sentences, & tag. My challenge is greater: pick the three books you're reading now, (notice she reads more than one at a time, AUGH!!) or the last three, and do the same--here goes!

1st book, finished before Mother passed away:

Caring for the Elderly Parent:

5th sentence: When stepparents need care both they and you as their step-children are in uncertain territory.

Next three: Much depends on how long you have known each other and the quality of your relationship. Unless you lived together during your childhood, you are unlikely to feel the same filial obligation and affection that you feel for your birth parents. It is also natural to assume that your stepparent’s own children will do what is necessary.

(This is something I went through with my step-dad Paul in his last three years, let me just say, assumptions can be dangerous things.)

2nd book, recommended by my sister Anita:

Three Cups of Tea

5th Sentence: “And I wanted these people to feel like it wasn’t just me, that there were a bunch of other Americans back home concerned about helping them.”

Next three: “He slipped me a big roll of rupees,” McCown says, “and asked me to act like a big boss from America. So I hammed it up. I walked around like a chief, paying everyone their wages, telling them they were doing a great job, and to really throw themselves into it, and finish as fast as they could.”

This is a book I recommend if you want to put the war in Afganistan, and the current situation in the Middle East in perspective; currently. It was written in 2006 about Greg Mortenson, a mountain climber, who has been building schools in the mountains of Pakistan, trying to bring peace to the region 1 school at a time. Lets just say, God is with him.

My third book is the one I just did, so won’t go on with another. I tag Serenity and Felicity.

I love this tag game, although if I do it to much it could begin to feel like homework :). You learn a great deal about people by the books they read, and their reaction to them.

2 comments:

  1. Great job at rising to the challenge! From now on I promise to do just one at a time. I like the whole idea, and liked the fact that you & felicity commented on the books, too. I'll do that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I sort of played. :) I totally cheated though.

    ReplyDelete