Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Radiant!



It looks like this outside today.
Yes, it is cold, but it is bright-brilliant- blinding-beautiful.
I went out early this morning, before the sun was up, and cleaned off the deck, and filled the bird feeders (I have 3 pairs of redbirds!), and then came in and waited for the day.

It came on in a cold, clear, crisp winter day way, and simply has been the perfect winter day all day.

This is a mundane thing to be talking about and thinking about but I have this wallpaper on my computer and if you can’t read the scripture in the upper right hand corner it says:

The precepts of the Lord are right,
Giving joy to the heart,
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
Giving light to the eyes
PS 19:8

So in the midst of a bitter cold winter day with 6 inches of snow on the ground, I am focusing on the radiance of the sun off the snow, being as bright and radiant as the scriptures affect in my life, just like the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment